With millions of apps on the App Store for iPhone and iPad, you think there would be an app for everything. Sadly, that’s not the case.
Sometimes you’ll come across a great website that doesn’t offer a dedicated app. In this case, UpcomingTalks.com is one that does not have a dedicated app on the App Store – we are still evolving. At some point, we will have an app but for now – our mission is to get you to the right talk at the right time.
But, we have a hack that you can do to add UpcomingTalks.com to your iPhone (or iPad) Home Screen that looks and feel like an ‘app’ and would give you quick access to all ‘upcoming talks’.
How to Add UpcomingTalks.com to the iPhone and iPad Home Screen
To add websites to your home screen like apps, follow these steps:
- Open Safari. Other browsers, such as Chrome, won’t work for this.
- Navigate to UpcomingTalks.com website. Make sure you visit the Homepage page, this will be the page it open through the shortcut.
- Tap the Share button at the bottom of the page. It looks like a square with an arrow pointing out of the top.
- In the list of options that appears, scroll down until you see Add to Home Screen. Tap this.
- On the next screen, choose a name for the website shortcut on your home screen. You’ll see the link so you can confirm it, as well as the site’s favicon that becomes its “app” icon. Click Add (top-right of the screen) when you’re done.
- Now just tap the new app on your home screen, and it will open the website in its own navigation window, independent of what you have open in Safari.
If you ever decide you want to remove the website shortcut, you can delete it just like you would any other app on your phone.
Never miss another talk, add UpcomingTalks.com to your iPhone and iPad Home Screen today.